View count: 4788

Foreign Exchange Students

New Informations

1.106-1New Exchange students please come to Reitaku International House during Sep.9th-10th 10am to 6pm and submit all the documents.

2.Sep.25th(Mon.) 5:30pm-7:30pm 106 New International studnets welcome party is held in the studnet center. Please fill the form online before Sep.15th if you want to join

 Admission ProcessTurn in application form→Verify→Acceptance letter and TKU admission letter→Apply for airport pick-up service
Semester Duration Application date
Spring semester (half a year) February to June  3/1 to 4/30
Spring semester (one year) February to January 9/1 to 10/31
Fall semester (half a year) September to January 9/1 to 10/31
Fall semester (one year) September to June 3/1 to 4/30

Required documents:
1.    Application Form (With signature of the applicant )
2.    An official letter from home university
3.    Official transcript in English or Japanese
4.    Two recommendation letters
5.    Study plan
6.    Resume
7.    Copy of passport
8.    TKU Consent to Provide Personal Data
9.    3 pieces of photo (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
10.  Application for DormitoryOptional

Ms. Acid Chu
Responsibilities:Europe, the Americas and Oceania
Office phone number:+886-2-26296579

Ms. Chia-hui Yen
Office phone number:+886-2-26296579

Ms. Dolly Yang
ResponsibilitiesSoutheast Asia, Korea and Mongolia
Office phone number:+886-2-26296579

​***Important Notice for New Exchange Students !!!

Course Information
  • 1.Please research before you check-in: course selection system (How to…)
  • 2. How to search All English instructions
  • 4. Exchange students will be given a course selection form to fill out during orientation. (Rules for course selection)
    5.Time table
  • Period  Class Time Period No. Class Time
    Period 1 08:10 – 09:00   Period 8 15:10 – 16:00
    Period 2 09:10 – 10:00   Period 9 16:10 – 17:00
    Period 3 10:10 – 11:00   Period 10 17:10 – 18:00
    Period 4 11:10 – 12:00   Period 11 18:10 – 19:00
    Period 5 12:10 – 13:00   Period 12 19:10 – 20:00
    Period 6 13:10 – 14:00   Period 13 20:10 – 21:00
    Period 7 14:10 – 15:00   Period 14 21:10 – 22:00

  • 6.Semester grade query (How to…)
  • You can drop your courses online if you have more than 15 credits, but you cannot drop more than 3 courses. In case you have to drop more than 3 courses, you can download the report paper online. Fill in the reason and get the signature from professor, department and Chanel.
    P.S.Period for dropping courses please check the Calendar.
Scholarship Scholarship
Chat corner  
Before Arrival...(Important notice)
Visa This is an image

*Resident Visa->Alien Resident Certificate
*Visitor Visa extension
*Updating data、Lost or damaged

  1. 1. Passport, Visa valid for at least 6 months (original and photocopy)
    2. One 2-inch color photos with white background taken within the last 6 months (for Visa use)
    3. Health certificate issued in last three months: if you take medical tests before coming to Taiwan, the certificate must be stamped and verified by Taipei Representative Office in your home country.Form C   &  School's  Helth Examination Record  
    4. TKU Health Examination Record (Original copy)
    TKU Authorization for Emergency Treatment Form
  2. 6.TKU International Student Insurance and NHI Insurance Information.
Phone May apply for Taiwan SIM card at the airport, and notify International and Mainland Students Guidance Section your contact information.
  1. Sung-Tao Hall (International Students, Exchange Students and TKU students)
  2. Reitaku International House (International Students, Exchange Students and TKU students)
  3. Off Campus renting校外租賃  
Dorm Closing & Opening
   -Summer semester closing date-
  1. Open date September 9, 2017      10AM-6PM
  2. Closing for Winter break: January 21, 2018 12PM
Please take careful note of the departure date. We do not provide accommodation after Jan. 21st, 2018. People who leave after Jan. 21st, 2018 must arrange for
alternative accommodation.
  •     -Spring semester closing date-
  • 1.Open date February 24, 2018 10AM-6PM
    2.Closing for Summer break: July 1, 2018 12PM
    (if there are any changes, we will have another announcement)
    Please take careful note of the closing date. We do not provide accommodation after July. 1st, 2018. People who leave after July 1st, 2018 must arrange for alternative accommodation.
Winter/ Summer break Those who are studying for one year and wish to stay during summer/ winter break, the school will assist students in search for alternative accommodation. The insurance  have to be extend for more two months NTD1000.
After Arrival...(RegistrationInternational OfficeDepartment)
Date Sep. 9th and Sep.10th , 2017
Time 10AM-6PM
Place Reitaku International House
Contact Ms. Chanel Peng
Phone number 886-2-26215656 ext.2318
Orientation 1.New International Students orientation
The National Health Insurance program is mandatory; anyone who qualifies for the Program must enroll.
National Health Insurance 
  • Compulsory and available after living in Taiwan for 6 months,payment is NTD$749/month.
Exchange students are required to purchase the following two types of insurance:
Student Insurance (Accidents)
  • Compulsory for every student, payment is NTD$190/semester for Academic Year 2017-2018.
Cathay Life Insurance (Medical)
  • Compulsory for every student before National Health Insurance is made available, payment is NTD$500/month.
In order to receive your transcript, you must cancel the insurance before leaving Taiwan; turn in the cancelation form and complete de-registration form.
Course Selection
Exchange students will be given a course selection form to fill out during orientation.
  1. Rules for course selection
  2. Course selection system
  1. Semester grade query
You can drop your courses online if you have more than 15 credits, but, you cannot drop more than 3 courses. In case you have to drop more than 3 courses, you can download the report paper online.

Before leaving...
Procedure Those who have not completed the leaving procedure will not receive their academic transcripts.
This is an image
Time A week before finals till the end of semester (before leaving)
Notice 1. Must leave Taiwan before your ARC or Visa expires.                          
2. You must cancel the insurance yourself or else you will receive a fine.
3. After completion of leaving school procedures, Student ID cards can't be used as a Student ID in the campus or as an Easy Card outside of the cam     pus.The continuation of usage is a violation of law.
4.Chanel’s office hours are from Jan.2nd~ 17th starts at 8AM ends at 5PM.
Form Leaving Procedure Form
Check-out Be sure to turn in the Air condition card and key before you leave the dormitory.
Assistance with life in Taiwan Information for foreigners in Taiwan:+886-0800-024-111
School E-mail ID and password: Please refer to the "International exchange students handbook" page.25
*If “TKU Moodle Learning” is unavailable, please contact 02-26215656#2468 or bring your student ID card to T102 to change your password.
How to use student E-mail…

Please check your school e-mail frequently. Very important!!!!!

Leave Application
  1. Please log into Tamkang's Leave Application System and follow the instructions accordingly.
  2. Special cases where the absentee cannot predict, the absent note including explanations, certified documents must be handed in within 3 days. The absent note must be signed by the professor. If the professor is on leave, the note will be signed by the department or supervisor and approved by the associate dean of student affairs, otherwise compensatory leave is not allowed.
  3. For special case: Take with you any other related documents of proof, such as, doctors’ certificates, etc turn it in to your professor.​ Student that can’t make a leave on the day, you have to complete it within three days. No exceptions!
Missing Identification
  1. Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
    • ​​Please report to the police.
    • Immediately notify the International and Mainland Students Guidance Section for assistance of replacement.
    • Fees: NTD$600
  2. Student Identification Card
    • Fill in the application form for replacement of the Student Identification Card (obtainable at the Administration building)
    • Bring along the application form, an identification card and two 2x2inch passport photos to the Registration Section of the Office of Academic Affairs
    • Make payment at the Automated Payment Machine located at the Office of Academic Affairs and a receipt will be issued.
    • Processing will take 10 working days.
    • Fees: NTD$200
  1. Campus map
  2. School facilities
  3. Academic offices
  4. Department offices
Work permit If you have a part-time job, please remember to apply for a work permit. It is illegal for foreign students to work in Taiwan without a work permit. 
1. Open post office account:
   (1)Student ID card(original and photocopy)
   (2)ARC(original and photocopy)
   (3)Stamp(Tamsui Campus: B building optician provide the service of making stamps)
                    (Lanyang Campus: JiaoXi Post offices have the service provided)
2.Back account information
   In order to open a bank account, International students must provide a passport and Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) to the bank. In addition,
   they must also be over 20 years of age.
   Information: Bank of Taiwan
Laws In Taiwan, it is illegal to drive under the influence.Smuggling, selling, and with possession of marijuana or any type of drugs are illegal.
Also, TKU is a non-smoking campus.
1. Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan
2. Employment Service Act
3. Criminal Code of the Republic of China (Chapter 11 Offenses Against Public Safety, Article 185-3)
4. Narcotics Hazard Prevention Act
5. Smoking regulations
6. Sexual Assault or Sexual Harassment on campus
7. Intellectual property

9. 6(23-1)TKU Regulations Regarding Leave for Students


Q1. What to do when meet up with an emergency situation?
A1. Students are advised to carry around a emergency card, take taxi if the patient is unconscious or call: 119 (ambulance)
       *Campus Security Section 02-26215656#2110
       *24hr Military Office 02-26222173

       *About Fire, earthquake, traffic accident and medical emergency card
Q2. What kinds of injuries are able to go to the health service clinic in the campus?

  1. General wounds treatment
  2. Burn treatment
  3. Excises injuries treatment
  4. Insects bits treatment