View count: 21620
Foreign Exchange Students
1. 108-1 New Exchange students please come to Reitaku International House to register and please submit the English version of the medical certificate, the necessary documents in the important notice of admission and related expenses .
2. Sep.2, 2019 Chinese Language Proficiency Test (Written test and oral test).
|Admission Process：Turn in application form→Verify→Acceptance letter and TKU admission letter→Apply for airport pick-up service|
|Spring semester (half a year)||February to June||September 1 to December 1|
|Spring semester (one year)||February to January||September 1 to December 1|
|Fall semester (half a year)||September to January||March 1 to May 1|
|Fall semester (one year)||September to June||March 1 to May 1|
You can drop your courses online if you have more than 15 credits. In case if you credits less than 15 after you drop the course, please download the report paper online. Fill in the reason and get the signature from professor, department and submit it to Chanel to complete the procedure.
**The course that you have dropped will still be recorded on your transcript. Please consider carefully before dropping any courses. Thank you!
|Visa, Enrollment document, Dormitory|
*Resident Visa->Alien Resident Certificate
*Visitor Visa extension
*Updating data、Lost or damaged
*New Taipei City Service Center:(If you stay in New Taipei City(this includes Tamsui residents), you must change you visa status from Resident Visa to ARC at the New Taipei City Service Center. If you live in Taipei City, the change must be made at the Taipei City Service Center)
Address:No.135, Min-An St. Jung-He Dist, New Taipei City
Traffic Information: Take bus 307 from MRT BanChiao station to Ji-Sui Junior High school station.
Student can apply for Taiwan SIM card at the airport, and please notify the International and Mainland Students Guidance Section your contact information.
To avoid breaking the contract before the expiry day, please do not sign up for 1-2 years contract.
We will arrange for the purchase of prepaid sim card together, or you may ask for the assistance from Taiwanese students.
|Handbook& Dormitory rules||Handbook|
|Dorm Closing & Opening||
- Summer semester opening & closing date-
Opening Day: Aug 31, 2019 10AM - 6PM
Closing for Winter break: January 11, 2020 12PM
(Announcement will be made if there are any changes)
Please pay attention for your returning flight from Taiwan to your home country.
We will not provide accommodation after Jan 11st, 2020. Please handle your residency related issues by yourself.
|Winter/Summer break||For those who are studying for one year and wish to stay during summer/winter break, we do not provide accommodation, the school will assist students in search for alternative accommodation.|
|After Arrival...(Registration, Orientation, Insurance, Map, E-mail, Leave application)|
|Date||Aug 31st , 2019|
|Time||10AM - 6PM|
|Place||Reitaku International House|
|Contact||Ms. Chanel Peng|
|Phone number||886-2-26215656 ext.2318|
|Orientation||1. New International Students orientation
2. Dormitory Rules
1. Exchange students are required to purchase the following two types of insurance:Student Insurance (Accidents) & Cathay Life Insurance (Medical) .
2. Student Insurance (Accidents)
3. Cathay Life Insurance (Medical)
Insurance claims require several documents:
(1)Insurance Claim Form
(2)Passport and Visa (photocopy)
(4)Medical certificate (original)
4. Starting from the 7th month, Exchange students must join National Health Insurance. In order to receive your transcript, you must cancel the insurance before leaving Taiwan; turn in the cancelation form and complete de-registration form.
|E-mail & Education System||E-mail: The account number is the student ID, and the password is last six digitsof your birthday in C.E. How to use student E-mail…
Education System: *If “TKU Moodle Learning” is unavailable, please contact 02-26215656#2468 or bring your student ID card to T102 to change your password.
|Leave application||1. Please log into Tamkang's Leave Application System and follow the instructions accordingly.
2. Please apply for leave on the basis leave, sick leave, pulic leave etc, and apply for leave within the respective time limit. Single-day leave and sick leave can be made with kiosk outside the B401 office on the B building 4th floor. Please contact the B418 of the Office Student Affairs for other leave.
3. In special cases where your leave cannot be applied earlier, the notice of absence must include explanations and certified document, and must be handed in within 3 days. The notice must be signed by professor. If the professor is on leave, then the notice can be signed by the head of department and approved by the dean of student affairs. Any overdue application will not be approved and compensatory leave will not be given.
4. 6(23-1)TKU Regulations Regarding Leave for Students
|Procedure||Those who have not completed the leaving procedure will not receive their academic transcripts.
|Time||A week before finals till the end of semester (before leaving)|
|Notice||1. Must leave Taiwan before your ARC or Visa expires.
2. You must cancel the insurance yourself or else where will be a fine.
3. After completion of leaving school procedures, Student ID cards can't be used as a Student ID in the campus or as an Easy Card outside of the campus. The continuation of usage is a violation of law.
4. Chanel’s office hours a week before finals test to closing date, starts at 8AM ends at 5PM.
|Form||Leaving Procedure Form|
|Check-out||Please return the Air condition card and the room key before you leave the dormitory.
|Others(Emergency, Lost, Open account, Work permit, Laws, Q&A)|
|Assistance with life in Taiwan||Information for foreigners in Taiwan：+886-0800-024-111|
|Emergency||Each student has an emergency card. If the patient is conscious, can help him to take a taxi to a nearby hospital and then inform the facilitator to facilitate subsequent processing.
Call 119 or notify the Sanitation and Fitness Section if the patient is in shock or unconscious.
* Faint, shock or in emergency situation...
1. Fire Station/Ambulance: 119
2. (On campus) Campus Security Section: 02-26215656 ext. 2110/2119
(Off campus) Office of Military Education and Training: 02-26222173 (24 hours)
3. Dormitory supplement or need Japanese assistance (Please refer to emergency card).
4. Tamsui Police Station: 110
1. (on campus) Sanitation and Fitness Section: 02-26215656 ext.2373, 2257 (bring the student card).
General wounds treatment
Excises injuries treatment
Insects bits treatment
(off campus) Clinic (Please apply for proof of fiagnosis and receipt for clainabt).
2. Please seek for roommate or taiwanese student's assistance.
3. Taxi: 02-28057777
4. Dormitory supplement or need Japanese assistance (Please refer to emergency card).
1. Open post office account:
(1) Student ID card (original and photocopy)(2) ARC (original and photocopy)
*Students who have not been a residence permit for half a year are required to bring their passports. Personally go to the Taipei City Service Center.
(3) Stamp (Tamsui Campus: B building optician provide the service of making stamps)
(Lanyang Campus: JiaoXi Post offices have the service provided)
2. Bank account information
In order to open a bank account, International students must provide a passport and Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) to the bank.Information: Bank of Taiwan http://www.bot.com.tw/englis
In addition, they must also be over 20 years of age.
|Work permit||Exchange students can't apply work permit if only study for 1 semester.
It is illegal for foreign students to work in Taiwan without a work permit.
|Evacuation Instructions||Fire, earthquake, traffic accidents and medical emergency card.|
In Taiwan, it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Smuggling, selling, and with possession of marijuana or any type of drugs are illegal.
Also, TKU is a non-smoking campus.
1. Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan
2. Employment Service Act
3. Criminal Code of the Republic of China (Chapter 11 Offenses Against Public Safety, Article 185-3)
4. Narcotics Hazard Prevention Act
5. Smoking regulations
6. Sexual Assault or Sexual Harassment on campus
7. Intellectual property
9. 6(23-1)TKU Regulations Regarding Leave for Students
Q1. Can friends or family stay overnight?