View count: 39714
Foreign Exchange Students
August 30 – Chinese placement (Online test,TBA)
|Admission Process：Turn in application form→Verify→Acceptance letter and TKU admission letter→Apply for airport pick-up service|
|Spring semester (half a year)||February to June||September 1 to December 1|
|Spring semester (one year)||February to January||September 1 to December 1|
|Fall semester (half a year)||September to January||March 1 to May 1|
|Fall semester (one year)||September to June||March 1 to May 1|
Information for exchange student
|Dorm Closing & Openin||
|Calendar.Registration.Orientation.Courses selection .|
|Registration||Date: Sep 1. to Sep 2. , 2022
Time:9AM-12PM, 2PM -5PM
|Registration docs.|| 一、Registration check paper
→Please apply 180days visitor visa if you study for one semester
→Please apply Resident visa if you study for two semester
三、Four 2-inch color photos
A thin half-length color photo with a glossy finish taken with a white background within the last one year that should be 4.5cm X
3.5cm with an image of the head that should not be shorter than 3.2cm or longer than 3.6cm from the top of the head to the
chin,without wearing a hat or a pair of color glasses,with clear facial features not covered and identifiable, and should not be
modified or composed.
四、Health certificate copy，3 months before arrive Taiwan.
Health certificate copy for Resident visa can be used.
五、TKU health certificate original
六、Provid an English version of insurance certificate which is valid for at least 6 months from the date you enter Taiwan.(Must
include Medical insurance overseas)
|new exchange student handbook||2022-2023handbook|
|Course selection info.||About course selection|
|Course selection and Dropping||
*Resident Visa->Alien Resident Certificate
*Visitor Visa extension
*Updating data、Lost or damaged
*New Taipei City Service Center:(If you stay in New Taipei City(this includes Tamsui residents), you must change you visa status from Resident Visa to ARC at the New Taipei City Service Center. If you live in Taipei City, the change must be made at the Taipei City Service Center)
Address:No.135, Min-An St. Jung-He Dist, New Taipei City
Traffic Information: Take bus 307 from MRT BanChiao station to Ji-Sui Junior High school station.
|The account number is the student ID, and the password is 「Tku+your birthday (8 digits)」
For example, if your birthday is January 2nd, 1991, your default password should be 「Tku19910102」
Student ID Number @o365.tku.edu.tw
|Phone|| Student can apply for Taiwan SIM card at the airport, and please notify the International and Mainland Students Guidance Section your contact information.
To avoid breaking the contract before the expiry day, please do not sign up for 1-2 years contract.
We will arrange for the purchase of prepaid sim card together, or you may ask for the assistance from Taiwanese students.
|Education System||If “TKU Moodle Learning” is unavailable, please contact 02-26215656#2468 or bring your student ID card to T102 to change your password.|
|Leave application||1. Please log into Tamkang's Leave Application System and follow the instructions accordingly.
2. Please apply for leave on the basis leave, sick leave, pulic leave etc, and apply for leave within the respective time limit. Single-day leave and sick leave can be made with kiosk outside the B401 office on the B building 4th floor. Please contact the B418 of the Office Student Affairs for other leave.
3. In special cases where your leave cannot be applied earlier, the notice of absence must include explanations and certified document, and must be handed in within 3 days. The notice must be signed by professor. If the professor is on leave, then the notice can be signed by the head of department and approved by the dean of student affairs. Any overdue application will not be approved and compensatory leave will not be given.
4. 6(23-1)TKU Regulations Regarding Leave for Students
|Procedure||Those who have not completed the leaving procedure will not receive their academic transcripts.
|Time||A week before finals till the end of semester (before leaving)|
|Notice||1. Must leave Taiwan before your ARC or Visa expires.
2. You must cancel the insurance by yourself or else where will be a fine.
3. After completion of leaving school procedures, Student ID cards can't be used as a Student ID in the campus or as an Easy Card outside of the campus. The continuation of usage is a violation of law.
|Form||Leaving Procedure Form|
|Check-out||1.Please return the Air condition card and the room key before you leave the dormitory.
|Others(Emergency, Lost, Open account, Work permit, Laws, Q&A)|
|Assistance with life in Taiwan||Information for foreigners in Taiwan：+886-0800-024-111|
Important card about Emergency
Each student has an emergency card. If the patient is conscious, can help him to take a taxi to a nearby hospital and then inform the facilitator to facilitate subsequent processing.
Call 119 or notify the Sanitation and Fitness Section if the patient is in shock or unconscious.
* Faint, shock or in emergency situation...
1. Fire Station/Ambulance: 119
2. (On campus) Campus Security Section: 02-26215656 ext. 2110/2119
(Off campus) Office of Military Education and Training: 02-26222173 (24 hours)
3. Dormitory supplement or need Japanese assistance (Please refer to emergency card).
4. Tamsui Police Station: 110
1. (on campus) Sanitation and Fitness Section: 02-26215656 ext.2373, 2257 (bring the student card).
General wounds treatment
Excises injuries treatment
Insects bits treatment
(off campus) Clinic (Please apply for proof of fiagnosis and receipt for clainabt).
2. Please seek for roommate or taiwanese student's assistance.
3. Taxi: 02-28057777
4. Dormitory supplement or need Japanese assistance (Please refer to emergency card).
1. Open post office account:
(1) Student ID card (original and photocopy)(2) ARC (original and photocopy)
*Students who have not been a residence permit for half a year are required to bring their passports. Personally go to the Taipei City Service Center.
(3) Stamp (Tamsui Campus: B building optician provide the service of making stamps)
2. Bank account information
In order to open a bank account, International students must provide a passport and Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) to the bank.Information: Bank of Taiwan http://www.bot.com.tw/englis
In addition, they must also be over 20 years of age.
|Work permit||Exchange students can't apply work permit if only study for 1 semester.
It is illegal for foreign students to work in Taiwan without a work permit.
|Evacuation Instructions||Fire, earthquake, traffic accidents and medical emergency card.|
In Taiwan, it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Smuggling, selling, and with possession of marijuana or any type of drugs are illegal.
Also, TKU is a non-smoking campus.
1. Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan
2. Employment Service Act
3. Criminal Code of the Republic of China (Chapter 11 Offenses Against Public Safety, Article 185-3)
4. Narcotics Hazard Prevention Act
5. Smoking regulations
6. Sexual Assault or Sexual Harassment on campus
7. Intellectual property
9. 6(23-1)TKU Regulations Regarding Leave for Students
Q1. Can friends or family stay overnight?